Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sabbath Synopsis

Sunday. A day of rest. Finally. This week just blew by us...The beginning of school.  Hubby's colonoscopy. My referral appointment (for colonoscopy, as well). Drive to son to karate class. Hot date night with hubby. Birthday party invite for daughter. Study catechism with daughter. Whew!  I was ready to relax today!

After a late start from oversleeping, I spent an uplifting morning at adult Sunday School and church. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful Pastor leading our flock. With Pastor B leading, I always look forward to a rousing and informative discussion in Bible Class, and I almost always find something in the church  sermon to which I can relate.

So.. hubby's colonoscopy. The outcome was not quite what I expected. "Mr. Healthy", who never eats anything unhealthy, always watches his weight, etc. blah, blah, blah.  Yeah? Well, he ended up having a couple of polyps!  Awaiting the results sometime in the next few weeks. Now I am absolutely terrified about what results I will end up with when I do this, considering I am the polar opposite of perfect "Mr. Healthy"!  I *really* don't want to do this next month - ignorance is bliss, ya know? Plus, that darned day of no real food beforehand is going to kill me - I don't do well without solid sustenance! Oh well, thankfully it's good to know these things in advance, when something can still be done about it!

Ok - I'm off to try hubby's attempt at meatloaf. The sweet man decided to take charge and make dinner tonight. I am thankful -but wary. The kids, who like meatloaf, are not eating their serving, only nibbling on the sides and amazingly seem more interested in the mixed vegetable accompanyment. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment